Frequently Asked Questions
Please feel to email us with any questions you may have
Is this a Campground?
No. The camper parking area is not a "campground" - it is simply an open, unimproved field that Warren County generously allows us to use for one weekend a year.
- There are no hookups for water, sewer, or power.
- RVs MUST have integrated holding tanks for fresh, black, and grey water.
- Generators must have stacks and all garbage must go home with you.
- No campfires are allowed.
The Northeast Hot Air RV'ers makes no claims as to the suitability of the site for RV parking and assumes no responsibility for your vehicle.
Why would I want to join your club?
Hot Air Balloons are scheduled to launch from the airport 4 times over the course of the weekend during the Adirondack Balloon Festival (weather and wind permitting): Friday and Saturday evenings between 5-6 pm, Saturday and Sunday mornings between 6:30 -7:30.
Since we are already parked on site, we can simply step out of our campers, walk to the end of the field with our chairs, and enjoy the launches. We have no traffic to sit in and we have one of the best views around.
If you want to go down to the airport to see the balloons up close, you can do that too! There is a free bus that you can ride down to the airport grounds on one of the (traffic free) service roads.
Why do you have SO many rules?
The short answer is: Safety.
The parking area is not a “campground” - the club is only allowed to park on the airport grounds through the generosity of Warren County.
The rules have been created based on the County’s wishes and by club vote, and are designed to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all club members.
Please obey the rules so that the club can continue to enjoy the Balloon Festival for years to come.
This is our first year, how does this work?
Here are the highlights:
- Upon submitting your membership application and dues, you become a club member. Please read everything you are mailed.
- You will receive a parking assignment for your RV and a parking decal for a separate vehicle (They are usually mailed around Labor Day.)
- RVs arrive at the field on Friday from 2 pm until 7:30/dark. Member volunteers direct RVs to their assigned parking area.
- If you are coming with a group, you must arrve together to park together.
- Once the RVs are parked, they are expected to remain parked for the duration of the gathering.
- Important note: Once it gets dark on Friday night, vehicles are no longer allowed to move in the field until after the Sunday morning launch.
- There is a separate parking area for vehicles that wish to come and go during the weekend. If you have a tow vehicle, you may detach it and park in the Towed Parking area. Many people leave their trucks attached all weekend and use a separate vehicle to come and go.
- Depending on where you are parked, it can be a bit of a hike from the parking area to your RV. You may want to consider bringing a wagon if you will be carrying things to and from your parked car.
- Members should check in at the Check-In Tent upon arrival.
- The balloons are scheduled to launch Friday and Saturday evening and Saturday and Sunday Morning. (fingers crossed for little wind and good weather).
- There are club activities throughout the weekend and a membership meeting at 2pm on Saturday.
- Members are asked to volunteer for a 2-hour shift during the weekend if they are able.
- Following the Sunday morning launch, everyone packs up and goes home.
Can we bring Friends?
You can absolutely have friends join you!
However, we do not have sufficient parking for non-member vehicles. If friends are coming, please have them park down at the airport and ride the bus up to the camping area, or they may park off-site and you can go pick them up.
Overnight guests must sleep in your RV and all guests are required to follow the club rules like any other member.
Please email us if you need suggestions for local places to park.
Can I bring my dog?
Yes! Dogs are allowed in the camping area, but must be leashed at all times. You must clean up after your pet.
We even have a Pet Costume contest on Saturday afternoon. Please check the website and Facebook page for updates.
Please note that dogs are NOT allowed at any Balloon Launch sites.
How do we get to the camping area?
- From 1-87, take exit 19 (Rt 254, Quaker Road) EAST for approx 4 miles.
- Go straight through the traffic light near Speedway Gas Station, and the one following it.
- At the next traffic light (with Fastenal on the right) turn LEFT onto the Boulevard.
- Take your 3rd left onto QUEENSBURY AVENUE.
- Go STRAIGHT through the traffic light at Dix Avenue.
- Proceed 3/4 mile to the top of the hill and turn LEFT into the parking area. (You must have your parking decal affixed to your windshield to get through the gate)
- If you reach the airport entrance, you have gone too far.
Do you have handicapped accessible parking?
We have a separate parking area down at the airport or can make accommodations so you can park in the field.
Please email us at info@NEHARVers.org so we can help you decide which option will work best for you.
What should I put for a parking choice?
Your parking choice depends on how you plan to spend your weekend.
If you will be coming in and out a lot, you may want section B as it is close to the Towed Parking area.
Sections C & D are in the center. They are closer to the check-in tent where the pizza and chicken dinners are dropped off and the kids activities are held.
Section E is closer to the movie tent, trolley stop and ice cream tent.
The field is a longer walk, but you have more freedom on where to park and how to arrange the RVs if you are in a group. However, if the weather's bad, you run a higher risk of getting stuck in the mud.